Century provides appraisal services throughout North America. Our clients include public and private corporations, financial institutions, and court-appointed and privately-engaged corporate advisers. Clients rely on us to provide opinions of values for financing, mergers/acquisitions, insurance, and asset disposal. Our expertise includes all types of machinery and equipment, consumer and industrial inventories, and commonly undervalued assets such as customer lists, fixtures, and leases.
Century provides four types of appraisals:
- Forced Liquidation Value (FLV) is an opinion of the estimated realizations at a properly advertised and conducted public auction sale held under forced sale conditions and under present day economic trends.
- Depreciated Replacement Cost (DRC) is the current cost of reproduction or replacement, less an adjustment for physical deterioration and all relevant forms of obsolescence and optimization. DRC valuations are used primarily for financial reporting to assist in purchase price allocation for specialized assets where direct market evidence is limited or absent.
- Orderly Liquidation Value (OLV) is an opinion of the estimated realizations at a privately negotiated sale, properly advertised and professionally managed, by a seller obligated to sell over a period of time, usually 6 to 12 months.
- Fair Market Value (FMV) is an opinion of the estimated realizations in an exchange between a willing buyer and a willing seller with equity to both, neither being under any compulsion to buy or sell, and both parties fully aware of all relevant facts.
We have experience with:
- Construction Equipment
- Energy Generation & Distribution
- Food & Beverage
- Intangibles – Leases, Fixtures, etc.
- Inventories – Retail, Wholesale, Industrial
- Manufacturing Plants
- Metal Fabrication
- Printing & Reproduction
- Real Estate
- Transportation & Logistics